Good morning! Today I wanted to share an EASY, EASY DIY with all of you. This can be made in as little as 5-10 minutes, but looks like it took much longer. As I've been decorating for fall and Halloween I've tried to find decorations that will last all the way until Thanksgiving. I have also loved the gold leaf trend, so I thought I would apply this same concept to a leaf banner. I had intended on making this gold but decided on silver last minute. There's just something about silver that I will always tend to gravitate towards!
First off, take a nature hike! If you're doing this with kiddos make it a scavenger hunt and have them find the prettiest shaped leaves they can. For my banner I only needed about 10 leaves, but feel free to use more.
To make this you will need:
- 10-20 leaves
- Metallic Gold or Silver Spay Paint
- Fishing Wire
1. Place a paper bag or piece of cardboard down on the ground and separate your leaves on the bag.
2. Spray paint the leaves with Metallic Gold or Metallic Silver spray paint! I did one coat on the front and then one coat on the back once it was dry.
3. Take fishing wire and tie around each stem, spacing the leaves out a few inches.
4. Hang on your mantle, a buffet or wherever else you'd like!
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial!